2011 Book to Film Club
I’m a pretty big fan of film adaptations of books. A few years ago, my sister and I even hosted a blog challenge around the subject. Well Shannon of Movie Moxie has started the 2011 Book to Film Club. It’s exactly what you’d expect, a book a month that roughly coincides with the release of the movie adaptation in theatres. It looks to be pretty bitchin’. Here’s how she says it will work:
How it works:
- Read 1 book a month for 11 months
- Watch each of the films as they come out in 2011
- I’ll share a book reading and film release schedule, but you are free to go at your own pace
- You can play along for as many or as few titles as you’d like.
- If you’d like to document the experience along the way by reviewing along the way, you can! I know I will! I’ll put up a post with questions to explore the book and film experience, so we’ll have a home base for each of the titles. You can leave a link to your own reviews so they will all be in one place for everyone to find them.
- I’ll have a email list set up for reminders about book selections, film release dates and time lines.
Shannon did a great job picking out books that will appear to darn near everyone.
- Bel Ami by Guy de Maupassant
- Brighton Rock by Graham Greene
- The Help by Kathryn Stockett
- I Am Number Four by Pittacus Lore – book 1 of the Lorien Legacies
- The Invention of Hugo Cabret by Brian Selznick
- Jane Eyre by Charlotte Brontë
- On the Road by Jack Kerouac
- The Three Musketeers by Alexandre Dumas
- Water for Elephants by Sara Gruen
- The Woman in Black by Susan Hill
- plus room for one happy surprize along the way
It’s going to be pretty fun, I’m sure. Read her whole post here. And sign up! It’s pretty low pressure, just participate when and where you can. Plus, all the cool kids are doing it.