It’s time for some awards
There’s a blogger award being passed around right now, and I’ve been awarded it! By three very kind bloggers who really make me think more about what I write. Sometimes I forget other people read this, then I get super apprehensive that I’ve got it all wrong. Thanks for the encouragement! Vanessa from The Movieness, Mad Hatter from Dark of the Matinee, and Steph from The Flick Chick, have passed the torch of the Kreativ Blogger Award:
Here are the rules that come along with it:
1. Thank the person who nominated you for this award.
2. Copy the logo and place it on your blog.
3. Link to the person who nominated you for this award.
4. Name 7 things about yourself that people might find interesting.
5. Nominate 7 Kreativ Bloggers.
6. Post links to the 7 blogs you nominate.
7. Leave a comment on each of the blogs letting them know they have been nominated.
Mad Hatter and I seem to have very similar taste in film, and his reviews are definitely more thought out and insightful than mine, I’m proud to have a bff in him. Thanks!
Vanessa’s blog is just as bitchin’. She often sees stuff I’m on the fence about and manages to convince to me to pick a side. Plus, I really really want to go to the Cannes festival on her next trip there. Thanks Vanessa!
And Steph, well, just look her top ten list of foreign films of 2008. She had me at Tell No One.
As for things about you might find interesting…
1) I speak fluent Russian which actually makes me upset when I hear it poorly done in movies. I know, that’s stupid.
2) My backup plan, if things don’t pan out for me as an orthodox adult, is to become a bearded, Burning-Man-going hippie. In the meantime, I part my hair, but I’m buying all the books now, just in case.
3) Once, while I was working in Tajikistan, my local co-workers hired me a prostitute without telling me. I just thought she was really in to me.
4) I send in a postcard to PostSecret at least once a month hoping, just hoping to make it into a book, or at least on to the blog. Plus, this gives me an excuse to cut up my old RollingStones and make collages.
5) I ‘bought’ an artifact from a museum in Azerbaijan once. I kind of have a fetish when it comes to taking questionable (but not flat out illegal) stuff across borders.
6) Sometimes I delete the song play count on my iPod, for fear of someone checking it out and seeing exactly how much shitty music I listen to.
7) I just shut down my Facebook page because I’m tired of hearing from people that I didn’t talk to in high school.
Nominating seven blogs is going to be tough. This award is circulating fast. And to be honest, the three people that nominated me would definitely be on this list. I’ll go for four more.
Shannon @ Movie Moxie – Shannon was, no joke, my very first blogging acquaintance when I started this mess a year and a half ago. her blog is still one of my favorites and inspires mine a ton (see the 100 Movies I’ve Never Seen Project). She constantly alerts me to obscure stuff I haven’t heard of, and makes the best lists.
The Reel Whore – RH is MF hilarious. I’ve loved his skanky blog for quite a long time now, but won my heart forever when he invited me to a threesome Movie Menage (critique a trois) with The Flick Chick (yes, it was a fantastic time). He’s the best bedmate ever.
Branden @ Foolish Blatherings – I just recently became familiar with this site through the 1001 Movie Club. His opinions frequently differ quite a bit from mine, but I appreciate it because he does a fantastic job of explaining films (particularly genres) I’m not great at.
Fletch @ Blog Cabins – I think we’re all familiar with this site, and for good reason. It doesn’t matter that I suck ass at the games he hosts, I love this site. I love it.
I believe that concludes my obligations here. Thanks again to you guys who nominated me, and for the people who read this. You guys really are bitchin’.